Posted by
Unknown
on
The Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, says he has lost count of the records of charges of false asset declaration instituted against him before the Code of Conduct Tribunal. He also said facts about the charges were no longer fresh in his memory because they bordered on offences which he was accused of committing between five to 14 years ago. Saraki stated this in an affidavit, which he personally deposed to in support of his fresh application seeking the quashing of the charges against him at the CCT and discharging him of the alleged offences. “The facts relating to these matters are no longer fresh in my memory quite apart from the fact that I have lost many of my records pertaining to them,” he stated in the affidavit. Saraki’s fresh application, which was dated and filed on March 4, 2016, seeks to halt his trial that had been validated by the Supreme Court through its judgement delivered on February 5, 2016. He was arraigned on 13 counts of false asset declara...
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps